onsdag, september 30, 2009

Divine side dish

I made the best side dish with chicken tonight.

I scissored 5 spring onions in slanted pieces, did the same to a handful of sugar snap peas.
Roughly cut up one red bell pepper, and cut two peeled carrots into thick (1 cm) slanted pieces.

Fry up the onions and carrots in a skillet with some butter. Sure oil would have been ok too, sesame oil would also add a nice touch, but I had non at hand so I used butter.

Let them fry for a few minutes until the carrots start to brown a little. Toss in the peppers and peas and some cashews. I used natural unsalted cashews, but use whatever you prefer.

Let it all brown and heat up for a few minutes.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Eat warm with warm or cold meat.

I made a second version too with some left over bulgur stirred in and no peppers. So nice!